Please note if you purchased SoundSoap at the Mac App Store and are unable to find it in FCP X, please see the following article.
Antares SoundSoap is compatible with Apple's Final Cut Pro video editing system. We highly recommend version 10.0 or later of Final Cut Pro. Earlier versions of Final Cut Pro do not show user interfaces for plug-ins like SoundSoap, which makes them difficult to use. If you want to use SoundSoap with a version of Final Cut Pro earlier than version 10.0, there are some tips:
SoundSoap can be used as an Audio Unit plug-in within versions of Final Cut Pro earlier than FCP X. However, in these earlier versions of Final Cut Pro, the lack of support for custom user interfaces like SoundSoap's simple interface makes it more challenging to access the superior noise reduction capabilities of SoundSoap while working within Final Cut Pro. For the most satisfying experience, we recommend using SoundSoap in Final Cut Pro X or another VST or Audio Unit host that supports custom interfaces.
To use SoundSoap in Final Cut Pro:
- In the Browser window, double-click on the noisy file to open it in the Viewer window.
- In the Viewer window, click the Filters tab.
- In the Browser window, click the Effects tab, and in the Audio Filters section, open the "Antares" submenu.
- Drag the SoundSoap audio filter into the Filters section of the Viewer window.
- In the Viewer window's Audio Filter section, set the Noise Reduction Mode slider to ".5"
- Start playback.
- Adjust the Reduction slider and the Noise Tuner slider to your desired settings.
- In the Viewer window, click the Audio tab.
- Use the drag hand tool to drag your cleaned clip into the Browser or directly into your Timeline.